1 flaky pie shell, baked
1-1/2 quarts Porter strawberries
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch softened in a little water
1/2 pint whipped cream
- Wash, hull and dry the strawberries.
- Soften the cream cheese with the sour cream and spread in the pie shell.
- Reserving a few to decorate the finished pie, arrange the rest of 1 quart of berries whole on the cream cheese.
- Cook the other 1/2 quart of berries over low heat with the sugar, bring to a boil, sieve, add the cornstarch softened in water and cook a few minutes until clear.
- Cool and pour over the fresh berries.
- Cover with lightly whipped cream and garnish with the reserved berries and mint leaves.